Wednesday, October 14, 2009

A Great Auction For a Great Cause

Irene Goodman, of the legendary Irene Goodman Literary Agency (Yes, I admit, I'm biased) is having a truly wonderful auction in December on Ebay. Here's what she has to say about it:

I am very excited about my Ebay auction, which will take place from December 1st-15th. Authors will be invited to bid on critiques of partial manuscripts (around 50 pages plus synopsis). I will personally critique the top 25 bidders. All proceeds will go directly to the Foundation Fighting Blindness and the Deafness Research Foundation.


I'll provide the links to the auctions once they go live, never fear. To get a critique of your work by Irene is really the proverbial golden opportunity, one that will also benefit a couple of great foundations. Mark your calendar and check back for the links!

3 comments:

  1. Cool.

    Keep us posted. I got a half-decent critique in an auction once. I'm a better writer now, so I imagine a critique would take me that much further. However, I probably couldn't afford it. [sniff, sniff] Stupid money.

    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will, and a crit from Irene would be killer for you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great idea! I'll have to check it out. It'd be amazing to get a critique from an awesome agent.

    ReplyDelete