Monday, October 19, 2009

You must read this guy.

And I totally mean that. Dennis Tafoya, a new hardboiled thriller writer, wrote this incredible book named Dope Thief. I'm reading it now, and it's impossible to put down. The protag, the setting, tone, are all spot on. And it's Tafoya's debut!

Here's what Kirkus had to say about it:
"An impressive debut by a writer savvy enough to understand that the way to a reader's heart is often as not through flawed characters."

I'm tellin' you, this is a book you don't want to miss. I'm really floored by Tafoya's writing. It's gritty and real, and as you can tell, I'm in love. It's about two guys who pose as FBI agents and rip off drug dealers, and what happens when it all goes very, very bad.

Buy it. You won't be sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment